Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid on day of in-person interview, no other options

• 27-09-2022 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Could anyone tell me if this situation sounds reasonable cos I'm still trying to get my head around it.

Had an interview with a County Council, the application process was all hard copy, in triplicate etc. Interviews were in person only.

I tested positive the day of interview and email them then called to follow up with HR before the time of the interview.

They said they don't do online interviews now and there is no option to reschedule after my self-isolation. That's it, the chance at that job is gone for me.

I'm pretty surprised to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Sorry to hear that, it's very unlucky timing and disappointing to have that chance taken away. It takes a lot of organisation to get the 2/3 interviewers together for the interview itself and marking, if they make allowances for 1 person it may open the door for others to question the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

That's unlucky OP. We still offer online interviews but only if there is no option as they are painful to do. We certainly wouldn't defer it to another time - far too much work goes in to putting a panel together.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 snowdaisy

Wow, thanks for sharing your thoughts, such a difference to my experience in the private sector!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Private sector tend not to have as many restrictions around how they hire people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭AyeGer

County councils will be interviewing loads of people for the job too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 snowdaisy

To the extent that a number of people in the public sector have since said versions of they would have gone to the interview without testing / saying anything and if the panel got infected too then it was their problem.

How is that workable?

Advertisement