Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Survivor Season 43

• 22-09-2022 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor

A sad sign of both the fall of Survivor and Boards.ie that nobody even bothered making a thread but ah well, here it is: Survivor 43 started last night, filmed as a shortened 26 day season like the 2 Covid ones which is apparently Jeff Probsts preference, definitely not mine. Keeping the tough conditions/no rations theme which I do like though and also the stupid new gimmicks like the hourglass crap and the last chance roll of the dice stuff have been cut.

Anybody still watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

I enjoyed the season premiere. One of the better opening episodes.

• no mooring
    • only the one tribal so I feel like I've a decent grasp of the entire cast
    • mainly fans as opposed to recruits
    • diverse cast which keeps things interesting

I'll continue watching until season 50 and I'll reassess then. Wouldn't be surprised if Probst walks away then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,660 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

This season is very good, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Love Noelle - she's inspirational. Would love to see her go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ pooch90

The newer short format is crap! You barely care who they are or who wins. There is no time for alliances to really build before swaps/merge etc. And I'm kinda sick of Probst (ducks for cover)

I'm enjoying this season, well as much as I probably can after 42 seasons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 54,660 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mr E

An episode of two halves. The first half was amazing - what a challenge. The second half? Boo.

• Advertisement

I thought the entire episode good. The one issue I'm having with recent episodes is that the opening scenes seem to be at odds with the previous episodes edit. Curious to see if the same happens next week.

Ah no, the whole episode was great. I'm just not happy about who went home. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor

I havent even gotten to Episode 02 yet, cant face it, my lifelong love of Survivor is at an all time low. does this seem like its shaping up to be a decent season?

I think it's a decent season but it sounds like a decent season wouldn't be enough to capture your attention to the same extent as it did in the past.

It's not that different to the post covid seasons with the only exception being less production interference with unnecessary twists.

Yeah, it's a good season this time (and I didn't really enjoy the last 2).

• Advertisement
Advertisement