Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Night and Day Festival

• 15-09-2022 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Now that the dust has settled after EP and Garth has almost finished his run of gigs in Croke Park, there is time for one more festival.

The Night and Day Festival will be taking place in the beautiful grounds of Clonalis House in Castlerea, Co. Roscommon on September 24th & 25th and features Zutons, Villagers, John Grant, Orla Gartland, Cathy Davey, Mary Wallopers.

Visit Home - Night & Day Festival (nightandday.ie) for for information and ticket sales

Hope to see some of you there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Limerick91

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

Would anyone like a free ticket for this festival? I can't make it so would love to see it go to a good home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭lucalux

What a lovely experience it sounds like, thanks for sharing how lovely it was!

I would have given a limb (possible exaggeration) to see Villagers and John Grant last night, so I am very very sorry I didn't see @uncle ernie's post yesterday! 😥 I'm not too far away, but can't make today at all, line up has some very decent talent there

Great to see the energy to set up something like this in the west/northwest/Roscommon. Hope-giving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yup I hearing great reports about this as well, a few friends have sent me videos of some of the action and it looks lovely and intimate. Would've have went myself but I had gigs in Galway city for Culture Night on Friday and at the Oyster Festival on Saturday which was pretty handy for me and a few bobs too. Have a good one down there and I look forward to Mucker's report when he gets back.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I should have responded to this yesterday. Today you'll see me in blue leggings and a white shirt if you want to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Any reports on this, how was your weekend.

• Advertisement

C'mon @Mucker46 where's yer report :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Sorry Bodhran, life and work have taken over. Travelling for work tomorrow so will do then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Paddy Dennehy wasn't on my radar at all, but just gave him a listen this morning. Fantastic stuff.

I was the same don't know how I had not heard a thing about him he is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭turnfan

This festival hit all the right notes for me, the line up was exceptional. Sunday was a stocked day.

I've only been to EP, Witness and Oxygen before, so this small festival was a breath of fresh air.

The plan is to double attendance for next year - slow and steady is a good call.

@Mucker46 I won't steal your authority on pros and cons!

P.S. Great to see people discovering Paddy Dennehy, he's class. He has a few gigs on Youtube worth watching.

@turnfan steal away my festival experiences are same as yours. Lived the small feel of it and bumping into same people. If I recall Paddy said he had a few gigs coming up. Fully agree re Sunday there was no let up in quality across the date and showed a great picture of the health of the Irish music scene. If they go again hope same music cutator(s). Some really interesting international acts and a load of class Irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, never came across him before Mucker mentioned him on here, really like the sound of him. His Facebook page is hinting at a sneaky gig upstairs in Whelan's to be announced soon. I'll keep my eye out for that.

EDIT: That's actually up on the Whelan's site now, just bagged myself a ticket, 11th of December.

See you there Stillill. Hopefully will have some energy left after The Stunning the night before

New venue and from what I know of it will be good. New date better for me as not same month as EP, and hopefully warmer

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Hopefully see you in Boyle Mucker

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Lough Key Forest Park is a nice spot. Have been there a few times. New date is the same weekend as Glastonbury.

On the road...under the sky...coast to coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Going with double the capacity shows year one was a success. Not sure why Castlerea aren't hosting it again seeing as loads of available land could have been used in Clonalis house estate.

Advertisement