Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New joint account

• 08-09-2022 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Will try to keep this as concise as possible:

I have a current account with BOI

Partner has a current account with BOI

Have been trying to open a joint account between us since June.

Have been asked for further documents probably around 5/6 times which I have provided

Spent an hour on the phone 3 weeks ago with someone who confirmed no further Doc's required. Told me they had logged a complaint on my behalf and that a supervisor would resolve within a day or so.

This never happened and have received no acknowledgement of the complainant being logged or dealt with.

I have put in two further calls since, neither of the ladies I spoke to could offer any real update or help progress the application.

Ive put a lot of my time into getting this sorted is there someone in BOI who could take this on and get the account opened?

Please give me some help here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

We are sorry to see this has been your experience so far. Yes, we can certainly help you here and work this to a speedy resolution with you.

Could you please send us a private message with both names on the application, the Branch you selected and contact number please?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

PM sent Alison

Thanks

Thanks so much for the information, we have escalated this immediately and can assure you we will have a call to you asap.

Many thanks

Alison

In order to give some feedback and to give other customers an insight.

Received a call. The update is that:

*BOI have all my documents (which was already the case)

*The account is in the process of being opened (as it was 3/6/9 weeks ago)

Hi there,

We understand this has been frustrating for you.

We arranged for an Advisor to give you a brief call yesterday.

We would like to reassure you we are working as quickly as possible with the relevant Team and will be sending you another update by PM.

Many thanks

Alison

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Be good to get that update to confirm when account will be open if possible?

Thanks

I can't believe this.

I've just received an email asking me the same questions as I discussed in great detail during an hour long phone call on the 17th August . I've also been asked for more documents!!!

Please please please can this be sorted. I can't go through this all again from the beginning.

The person I spoke to on the 17th - can they please ring me or someone with the capability of getting this sorted please ring me.

The amount of information being requested and the questions being asked over and over again is beyond reasonable.

I've even just been asked to confirm if the address they have is correct - I've confirmed by email half dozen times. I have accounts with you at that address. You send me correspondence to that address!

They haven't even spelt my name correctly in the email. Lads this is a joke

Hi there,

So sorry to see this. We understand this is frustrating, we are following up directly with the Team on this for you.

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭steinbock123

JustLen - At this stage if I was you I would go with my partner to the nearest AIB, (have your documents with you), and open a joint account, they’ll be happy to accommodate you.

Then go to the BOI and withdraw all your cash and bung it into AIB.

• Advertisement

Guys

Having gone through the previous experience above. Have been trying to set up a mortgage save for the last 4/5 weeks and going through the same thing again.

I've just been told to go back and make a new application which obviously is extremely frustrating.

As it was possible to fix the issue through this channel preciously can I PM you the new application number please to see if you can assist?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and we're sorry to hear about your experience with this.

Please send us a private message with the new application number so we can follow up on this with our colleagues to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Declan

Sent just now.

Thanks

Joe

Thanks Joe,

We have replied to your private message.

Declan

Replied to PM yesterday. Sent details requested.

Thanks

Advertisement