Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2022-Round 15 - Zandvoort :Dutch GP

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah I pay no attention to the ratings themselves, just the extra info I find interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

i thought Mercedes had their 'race planner' predicting they would win before the safety cars? Wasnt really much at stake for Red Bull but it would probably have fairly pissed off Max if Lewis had won his home GP.. pity its not the 3rd or 4th race and things might have been more competitive with the mercs but as it is its long over.. im curious what the mercedes will look like next year.. will they give up on the zero side pod design or go back to the more standard looking design

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coltmaster

The VSC was the one that disadvantaged Hamilton, the SC was the one that gave an even greater advantage to him but he failed to pit like everyone else.

I seen on twitter last night Crofty hashtag was trending but to his stupid conspiracies, people calling for Sky to reign him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah it might have been the VSC that screwed him first. In any case, it was possible for him to win in a straight fight with the one stop strategy and great pace on his hard tyres. But in hindsight, Mercedes needed to change tack and focus on maximising points rather than sticking to a strategy thst couldn't actually win anymore.

After the safety cars, the win was pure fantasy stuff. It must have been hard to give up the strategy that was a potential winner, but circulate changed and Mercedes should have adapted.

I don't blame Russell for pitting, BTW. He recognised that they couldn't maintain temperature in old hard tyres so he was dead right to pit.

Mercedes should have pitted Hamilton too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Na it was the other way around, Max would have gotten them both with his pace advantage. That’s why Russel pitted under the SC, it was a gamble so why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thefa

Agree. The battle Perez put up and Vettel’s blocking looked like it was going to cost Hamilton seconds he needed. Even when Merc reacted with Mediums after Max pitted for hards, the jig was up. Probably robbed a promising closing stint to the race in lieu of safety car excitement.

Perez form has been poor since Austria, even second in Spa was unconvincing. Hope he finishes strong like last season but some signs like poor quali, being poor off the line are back.

Advertisement