Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BER Assessment

Options
  • 15-08-2022 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, looking for advice regarding ber assessment. Put my house up for sale recently, got a very low ber result. Gave assessor letter from my builders, whole house interior was gutted 16 years ago. Walls, ceilings and stairs taken out and replaced. New double glazed pvc windows and doors. Obviously all dry lined with 100mm Rock wool, same in the attic.

Assessor basically admitted he is wrong, but now wants certification from 16 years ago and for me to get r and u values for everything, surely this should be his job.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,983 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

for a renovation, the builders letter can be used as evidence:

refer the assessor to section 4.1.3 of the survey form guide

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mosten

As I said, this was 16 years ago, ber certification was not a thing back then. Even in business you only hold paper work for 6 years. Assessor actually told me that 50 to 60% of assessments are wrong. It's now costing me financially for upgrading my house. Totally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

As an aside, anyone having BER issues today, all data in but no calculations

has sorted itself, cant delete this

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement