Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Integrated fridge in kitchen design for freestanding

Options
  • 10-08-2022 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello there,

Our new home it has a fitted kitchen that has the open cabinet for a freestanding fridge. We would like to place an integrated one instead and I was thinking that the only necessary thing was to order the relative door to install in the carcasse using the hinges.

Otherwise it seems that we will need a new carcasse instead and it sounds little bit strange to me because it seems that the kitchen designer wants to push us to use the freestanding instead of provide the proper parts.

What's your experience? Is it really so tricky to put a panel in an existing kitchen to fit a fridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jennycan

I have spent way too much time on this exact subject! The main benefit of an integrated fridge is the fact that it is the same depth as the standard 60cm kitchen carcasse. Freestanding ones stick out more than 10cm and this can ruin the line of the kitchen. They are way more expensive because the engineering to get the cooling and venting right is harder. I think sticking doors on a freestanding fridge could look a bit silly as they would be poking out.

Advertisement