If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

County development Plan

  • 30-07-2022 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2


    I am looking for some advice on zoning. I may be in the wrong forum.

    Can an Authority in their Development Plan submit a material change called "Lands at Valleyview" to zone lands in the townland of Valleyview and attach a map for Valleyview but also in addition attach a second map for a separate land parcel 500 yards away for zoning in a different townland called Bridestown but have no written reference to Bridestown by name in the motion for the Council vote? Neither map is identified on the material change.

    Also the Authority used the wrong spelling of Volleyview instead of Valleyview in the motion. No place with a name of Volleyview exists.

    The frustrating part is that if I were to apply for planning and attached the wrong map or used the wrong spelling , my planning would be rejected.



  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 44,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭muffler

    Fair point about planning being invalidated or rejected if townland is incorrect. However I think your question can only be answered by the legal profession.

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

    I would suggest that the council can do what they want, until it is challenged.

  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Glanmireman

    Your are right about it being a legal question, but takes money to get the answers .Tii and OPR have made recommendations against it but the Council are insisting on implementing it. Hopefully the Office Planning Regulator will follow through with a section 31. I suppose why I was asking is find out if anyone has come across a similar case? I have been on looking at judgements. I have no experience in this so it has been a steep learning curve for the last week and there is only so much you can find on the internet.

  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 44,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭muffler

    Are you opposed to the rezoning or a concerned citizen who doesn't wish to see the Council make a mistake? If it's the former then you need to have your written submission made regardless of the text in the motion. If it's the latter then the manager/CEO of the Council should be made aware of the issue.

    I haven't encountered this in the past though. As you are probably aware it's the elected members who adopt the CDPs and variations thereof so maybe contact some of them.