Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good guy with a gun shoots bad guy in Indiana

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭buried

It's not callousness to disregard entities that you find morally and physically reprehensible. Which America undeniably and totally is, especially if you witness the damage such entities engage with on a daily basis. It is also not callous to disregard and ignore entities that have no hesitation in inflicting the maximum amount of damage through their despicable actions. I stay the f**k away from the likes of that, I want no truck with it, much like I stay away from any sort or make of criminal that might live 10 miles down the road from me. Me doing that doesn't make me or anybody else like me "callous", far far from it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭BigRighysteria

You are glad there was a good guy with a gun there though right?....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,631 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Why should i show sympathy, yanks don't care for themselves for goodness sake. Like i said don't understand the obsession over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,631 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fair enough. I understand the obsession, and I understand why you wouldn't though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you want callousness, you don't need America. Just go into the mask thread in the Covid forum. Everyone is callous in their own way. We all have our own concerns which shape our opinions. I also don't give a rats about 'Merica and their issues. I don't care about most people tbh, I think humanity has such opportunities but constantly and consistently do the worse thing. People only care about something when it affects them directly. A lot of people pretend to care, to have this mythical "empathy" for each and every suffering out there, but it's not, it's sympathy.

'Merica knows what needs to be done, but no one has the balls to take on half of the country.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread has to some extent descended into bickering between a small number of posters

Someone starts one of these every time a shooter/murderer in the US gets reported, and I suspect there's not much new to discuss in this particular example

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement