Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood houses

• 22-06-2022 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hey, anybody got a house in mercer vale cherrywood? The agent said the first batch of houses will be available in June/July.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 enzed

My spouse and I liked the homes overall from what we saw on the website. We were informed of the 2bed-2bath apartments to be ready by June/July and were invited to view the show apartment on 21st May. We have decided not to go ahead with the purchase because of the following reasons -

• there are no shops/convenient stores within walking distance
    • the nearest Luas is a good 30-40 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

Surely there's no way the Cherrywood development is large enough for the Luas to be 40 mins away?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭josip

30 - 40 minute to a Luas stop? Are you talking about Mercer Vale or somewhere else? It looks like 15 minutes to Cherrywood to me, even less to Laughanstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭C3PO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I haven't been up there recently but I don't think there is any good route from there to "cherrywood". All the roads in between are all still under construction. And Lehaunstown road is really in the arsehole of nowhere without those accessing those planned link roads. I think that might be what is being referred to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

if you are walking to the Luas station, it's probably 25-30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

It's not even 30 mins from Tesco Ballybrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ya wha?

Just checked on google maps, its 1.3km to the Laughanstown Luas, methinks you are not being entirely honest. Also google maps doesn't allow for the continuation of that road just beside where it says Castle street which is still under construction. I'd say it will be a max 10 min walk by the time its completed, probably closer to 8.

Of course there is no shops yet, its a building site, they will come, most people are not just buying for the next year only I'd imagine

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement