Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't start new saw

• 27-05-2022 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Bought a brand new oleo mac gsh 560 today, the shop took it out back and started it, ran it for a few minutes etc, no problem there, apart from I didn't see them start it, but it's not rocket science...

Few hours later, for the life of me I cannot start it. Has fuel and spark etc, but no start. I'll reluctantly have to go back to the shop tomorrow (roll eyes).

Any ideas? I can guarantee that the shop will start it first pull and just brand me a clown, maybe they'll be right.

I've had a stihl ms 170 for 10 years and started first pull every time. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Is there a small on/off switch somewhere near the handle that is in the ‘off’ position. Easy enough to miss if your new to a chain saw.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Choke settings? Carburettor flooding?

Read the manual double carefully and try again from a cold start!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Thought I'd try again yesterday before going back to the shop. Only thing that was different was there was a definite "click" when I engaged the choke, and it started after 2 pulls. I probably wasn't pulling the choke far enough and with all the pulling it was flooding as it was a small bit smoky when it fired up.

Anyways all is good

Advertisement