Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which crew do you think were the best trained and which were the worst trained?

• 14-05-2022 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

For me I think it was Kirks crew, Picards crew and Siskos.

They all had good protocols in place in case an alien tried to kidnap them or take over there ship or station. For instance with kirk there was many times you seen him say one thing and send a code up to scotty or Spock via the communicator.

With Picard and crew they could just do a nod and they woukd know what to do like the time Picard was replaced with the intruder and the capture him in the shield on the bridge.

I say all this because in Star Trek "Voyagers"episode "Distant Origin"Tom Paris makes a balls of it.

He has a chance to destroy the Doctranes ship but when he communicates with the Captain instead of having a code to say what he is going to do he tells her he literally says I have the torpedoes armed and instead of Janeway saying code red or code blue she just says fire but it's too little too late and the Aliens are able to stop it. I know it could have be just bad writing too but it always bugs me they. Even if Tom Paris never learnt the codes in Starfleet which I am sure there is many I would like to think that Janeway had at least all the bridge crew and Engineering staff learn them for situations like this.

So for me that was bad. Maybe not as bad as the Discovery crew but I do not think they were ever in a situation like this so for me at least in the Prime Universe the Voyager crew is the worst trained.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by AMKC on

Advertisement