Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Hi all, did you see Monsieur Faintaise (spelling?) Is engaged again today, this time in Bath 1:10 race, as a favourite again, interesting...

I'm not digging too deep today. First that jumps out the screen will do and that is Lady Mander 6/1 in 1:45 Bath, she ran a good 3rd over CD lto, encountering some trouble on the way, finished only a neck behind the current favorite Clashaniska, they both meet on the same terms today, I expect them to finish close to each other too.

Finished 2nd only beaten by a head but still beaten.

4th today, maybe GS going isn't her thing, 1l behind Clashaniska 3rd, winner was 40/1 shot, GL finding that one.

Two more for today:

3:55 Goodwood - Crystal Estrella 3/1 only second go at this longer trip, she obviously had no chance lto against now group winner Emily Upjohn, Buick booked, good run on the cards?

4:45 Haydock - Bruno's Gold 4/1, his form boosted by the two that beat him lto, winning again.

that's it for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Will do a little e/w on the drifting FAHARI 8/1 3.05 Haydock. SDS gave it a sort of a mention y'day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

No good Fahari - perhaps it was a different horse he was on about when interviewed yesterday. One he 'liked' when Cooper asked him was for today, and one was for tomorrow - one trained by Meade and one by Crisford. He didn't name them though. Well he had two (and neither obliged) for Crisford today, and only one going for Meade tomorrow.

He rides LONE EAGLE for Meade tomorrow, but looks about a 4/5 shot// Think I'll forget about that one in Goodwood's 3.25.

Am not feeling it for today at all. Might be a few better opportunities tomorrow, so will wait and forget about the rest of today.

Good luck j@utis with them picks and good luck everyone else 🤣

4.40 Bath

Captain Kane and Mrembo can go well, but I like DELAHOUSSAYE 11/1 at a good price. Not so sure about CK 11/8, who won over 12f lto at Wolves - mebbe a place lay here.

MREMBO 13/2 is a fair price also - CD winner from lto, when Brian O'Rourke's Delahoussaye was back in third.

Kanahura & Rochebrune look to have chances as well, and will at least hopefully thwart Captain Kane here.

g'luck

WD j@u !

3:55 Goodwood - Crystal Estrella 3/1

Wins by the proverbial half the track at 15/8 🤣 🤣 Great shout that one 😊

Crystal Estrella covered my addiction costs today, Bruno's still to run if he manages a place, that'd be a cherry on da cake by the ocean, Irish sea, I meant, I can see it out my window.

Very nice - ya have your "Fantasy Home By The Sea" j@u 😂 looks like ya have it solved 🤣

Best of luck with Bruno upcoming - to get two winners would be even nicer :)

I'm a going to go for an AP O'B 2nd string at Curragh - 4.55 SAMUEL PEPYS e/w 8/1. We'll hope the step up in trip suits. Think the 2nd fav Vellner 11/4 might set fractions - will hope he fades.

If have no joy with two races upcoming, i should think i'll call it a day

g'luck

• Advertisement

Fancied Rich King e/w 5/1 at the off = 2late :(

Vellner wins - Samuel Pepys not involved (4th grrtrr) ; i give up 😪

Bruno's Gold was 4th too. I'll watch some replays later, I cannot be bothered trying to figure out which O'Brien's horse's turn is to win today what basically sums up the Irish racing, although my notebook has thrown up 3 notices on Irish runners for today 😂

Yep, no good today. CE was only 'saving grace' for t'thread - WD that poster ! You know who you is j@u 😂

Sat 21st May

Am not minded to look much at tomorrow's fare neither.. I did clock one what might be vulnerable (might have mentioned/alluded to it y'day), and that's Bbob Alula 10/3 in 5.10 Lingfield.

Sidebar: tis a lot annoying when the racing is on the turf and the AW at that course - confusion arises.

Anyhow, I think this one's on the AW (AWT is in t'race description - which helps); well I hope it is anyroad, as that's what me obbos are based on. Bbob Alula 10/3 goes well at a mile, and has won at the course, as well as on turf, at that particular trip. Has gone close at Chelmsford (similar surface as Lingers) twice over that 10f trip in 2nd half of last year; those two times of which saw him finish 6th of 14 and 3rd of 10. Has also gone close at 10f trip last Sept on turf at Bath,, that were a 'chasing the pace' run

Suppose he's versatile regards race riding, but am hoping he'll be held up here, being as he's drawn widest of all in t'nine box. If he is held up, I'm hoping this 7yr old is vulnerable as regards 'staying the trip' here. Will consider laying him for three places if price is favourable 2moro - there are at least three (no's 2 , 3 And 5) horses that I'm guessing are likely leaders here. If BA is held up off strong pace, then the thinking here is that he'll no get to strike a blow in this.

Foolishly, for reasons various, thinking of backing #three each way here. Am ignoring Uther Pendragon and London, as I feel that a place, at best, between them, is as much as both these combined are capable of (may well be wrong)

Pen landed on: TOO SHY SHY 7/2 , CARMELA SOPRANO NB 14/1,, e/w on these - hopefully one'll oblige to get me going again, but they aint maassive fancies - or 'massive' even 😃 Carmela gets the 'NB' treatment on a/c of her price - 14s looks generous here (provided she's put her two recent runs behind her) for the grey filly, who we'll hope is on a going day,,, Liam Browne (7) takes the ride on the fictional Jersey housewife and the claim will be of help, no doubt.

#make that two - have gone off Tawtheef 10/3, which was one of the original three.. won well lto at Wolves over the extended 9f, which was a big improvement on what he'd done to date - that was a different track tho, (slightly)shorter trip, and he has a fair absence to overcome.

not feeling it at all, so may punt no more for t'morrow - there be other days [loads and loads of them] so will p'raps wait for inspiration to hit..

g'luck all you lovely people 🤣

over and out

leff

1.40 York

barely half a clue on this one. tried to 'solve' one early for a 'good start' , but not coming up with much at all.

selections - such as they are:

Northern Express 4/1 win price , Oo De Lally 3/1 win price. 4-pl lays on these two evs Northern Express , 4/5 Oo De Lally

ELDRICKJONES 20/1, ADMIRAL D 16/1 gone ew on these two

g'luck

5.23 Musselburgh

Hard to find one here. Not many seem to have form on the forecast good - good to firm in places (though it might rain) ground over the distance, or at the course.

The Gloaming has form on soft, but has nothing really on ground that's good or better. Nothing much with proper chances I feel, but will do a place lay on her @ 1.95 anyhow.

Have backed BLACKCURRENT 9/4 for win, and laid for place @ 4/5

An outside ew bet in the shape of SUMMER HEIGHTS 33/1 who come 2nd way back over C&D on good to firm as 2yo. Grasping there, but ya never know. Is yet to win from 18 runs, is normally held up,, maybe race more prominently today??

flippin hard today!

Hi all, I'm only in after work, knackered, so let myself chill watching horseees for a while.

Oo De Lally 1:40 was tipped mad this morning, close 2nd but no jackpot unfortunately.

First of my fancies, jump off the page type, no deep insights or analysis blah, it's Prayer Matt 15/2 in 4:20 Haydock, she placed in 3 out of 4 starts this season, now blinkers applied to help her focus, PP is paying 5 places.

Good work no 2 😁 A stiff 6f + the 1st time blinkers could be just t'ticket for Prayer Matt,, wants a hold-up ride i feel,, will do me each vay 😃

Will lay Eldeyaar for a place too @ 6/5 (2.2)

gd luck all 😁 !

One more caught my eye but no bet yet, 8:15 Lingers - Smiling Sunflower. She tends to hang left, blew her chances at the start last time when veering sharply left, of course, where else, Lingers is left-handed course, it should suit this leftie, or is it the other way around? Favorite T Maxie obviously has strong claims but why is it 5/2???

Post edited by j@utis on

Will take a punt on top one 8.15 - R Hughes' ROSA MYSTICA 5s,, long layoff, and is 6f too stiff a trip?? - don't know,, don't look great price, but race is pretty open.. could RM be best horse in race?

• Advertisement

A landmark ! - thread's at or about 1,000 hits/views 😊

Good shout j@u 4.20 - we got the ew coin for 4th there with PM :)

Prayer Matt got placed somewhere around 4th or 5th, full result isn't in yet but I'm eager to turn those "profits" into stream of Income 4/1 that runs in 4:35 Goodwood, PP is playing extra places, let's play! it's just soft ground that's a worry, small e/w.

Congrats on 1000 views LOL, I just wished it was updating smarter somehow without the need of constant refreshing of the page. "quote" button doesn't work for me today, hell knows what.

In 5:10 Lingers, nothing appeals much, Tawtheef & Uther Pendragon would be my picks but no strong feelings, so I'm not having anything on them.

Not so lucky in 4:35 race with Income, I think not many got this result right anyways 😅

I'll leave that 8:15 race until just before off, to see where the market is, that's it for me for today.

#make that two - have gone off Tawtheef 10/3, 

Tawtheef & Uther Pendragon would be my picks but no strong feelings, so I'm not having anything on them.

Flip it anyway 😒 Both o us went off Tawtheef and he sluices in @ a well supported 5/2 fav 😃 😓

Quote button working here j@u 🤗

One more for me - Hughesie's horse Rosa Mystica in 8.15 Lingers ,, haven't been 'feeling it' this wkend - hopefully nxt week have many (well directed)darts 😊

Money's down for Rosa in the last, it's all on you leff now for changing my mind 🤣😬

^^^^^^^^^

😁😁😁

🤣😪

• Advertisement

Advertisement