Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making the Worst of a Good Friday: The Late Late Show-Friday 15th April 2022

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Brendan Kennelly. Passed away recently, in October. Had been suffering with poor health for the last few years of his life. Sadly, his daughter preceded him in death. And she had an even more troubled life (and unfortunately much of it was made public, against her and her parent's wishes).

That's it-there's no pretense of Tubridy caring. It's all by the numbers. I think that's why folks tuned in to the Tommy Tiernan show, because it wasn't just 'question A, to B, to C'. Tommy was actually listening to them.

So I delayed watching this, but it was repeated a few days ago, so I decided to watch the Keelin Shanley documentary, Faraway, Still Close, a few days ago, and honestly, while it was very difficult (and there were parts of it that I genuinely found hard going-not because it was badly made, but because it hit home) it also reminded me that RTE had a fantastic presenter, and potential LLS show successor in Keelin Shanley. She genuinely listened and gave a crap about people. Something that would have made her a great successor.

Instead, it'll probably be Claire Byrne. She's been pulling the 'I might quit in the future' card so much, feels like she's pressuring RTE via her agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Advertisement