Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Charge

• 06-04-2022 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Got a mail from Kia about Kia Charge now being available in Ireland, covering charge points across Europe. For EV and PHEV owners.

Tariffs here, with two options, and two further add-on sub options for cheaper Ionity.

https://kiacharge.com/web/kia-ie/tariffs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭eltoastero

I signed up for this at the start of March (when the Kia Charge app became available on the Irish Google Play store). It took ages to add on the IONITY power package to the account (I had been charged 73c/kWh in my first test once the RDIF card arrived) and now my March invoice is showing that i'm being charged the €13pm for the IONITY power package (even though it should be free for the first 12 months following the purchase of an EV6).

Their email support isn't great, I've gotten one reply asking me to confirm some details and then nothing, despite several additional emails from me to them.

If anyone has better luck at getting the IONITY power package added without being charged for it please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublinrobby

I signed up 2 weeks ago, waited for the card to arrive,then added the ionity power package,I've charged twice since,both times I was charged 27c per kWh,

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Does anyone use this instead of ecar? Apart from the deal on Ionity for EV6 owners is there any point? I've registered for the nonsubscription version and it seems to be a lot more per kWh than ecar (something like 55c as opposed to 37c/kWh). I understand the session fee but 18c more per kWh seems a bit steep if there are no other benefits. I'd be using it with an niro ev

I use Kia Charge for Ionity only, EasyGo for EasyGo and eCars for eCars. When I know there's extra connection fees and additional cost per kWh I will go through the rigmarole of different apps/cards/fobs - but it's handy to know if I can use the Kia Charge app/fob for everything if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brownep

Can the Kia charge card be used with other brands of car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

when I was setting up kia charge card I had to enter my cars serial no / VIN , so I would say no is the answer to that question.

only use it for IONITY , have separate cards for other networks.

If you already have an active account (card or app) then there's no reason you can't use the card/app to activate a charge on a non-KIA.

I assume you're only considering this to avail of the IONITY power add on (€13pm for cheaper IONITY rates) - don't use KIA charge for other AC or DC chargers (as KIA charge is quite a bit more expensive than the competition)

Advertisement