Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Goggles4u.co.uk 73% discount

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers, unfortunately I did not set up an account at time of order, so can't check that way until they email me a tracking number.

I'll send them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Got an email now that Item has been Shipped.

Fingers crosses now for any VAT, etc.

Got hit by customs. Admin fee is higher than VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah, that's the standard An Post admin charge.

Any comments on the quality of the glasses? I see they have 73% off again using NEW73

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Could you tell me which ones you went for, if you don't mind? I'm looking to pick up cheap prescription sunglasses. Have a pair in my basket for £20

Similar shape and price range to what I'm looking at. Sure I'll take the chance on the sunglasses for less than €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

quite happy with them. I originally got a pair of rimless glasses with photochrome (darker in sunlight) - now they were cheap (perhaps €30 after discount), and quite fragile as rimless and light stems, but clarity was great and they did the job. I've recently ordered more now with rims just so i have a pair that is a bit stronger. No complaints though. 73% off (I know, I know, I know...) makes them quite affordable.

I would certainly disagree with another poster that the lenses might not be as clear, they are super clear to me, as good as my "normal" pair.

For others thinking about this, make sure you get the "PD" number as well from your optician, and if specsavers, ignore their "ahh you don't know what you're getting etc." - just get the prescription, you're entitled to it.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived a few weeks ago.

Got a pair with varifocal, photochromic and the digital screen protection with all premium coatings.

Have to say I am extremely happy with them. They are as clear as the 1 yr old varifocals I have from Specsavers. (Actually clearer as their new)

And the photochromic is brilliant. Saved me having to carry my prescription sunglasses around with me.

Cheers OP. Well pleased with them for £38.61 all in including delivery.

Plus €5 odd customs/duty charge

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

6 Weeks since ordering and stuck with An Post...

What timeline did you experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

An Post seems to be the bottleneck. I paid customs (VAT) and handling fee - total €5.11 last Tuesday but the package appears stuck in the distribution centre in Greenogue. Usually once you pay the fee you get it the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Thanks Everyone,

Finally delivered on the 24th having paid the customs charges on the 16th.

Ordered on the 4th May so seven - eight weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I ordered a pair of Goggles4u about 15 years ago still have them and they are still perfect I only wear them for video games.

I once had went to a optician once he told me they were over prescribed slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭loopymum

Any discount codes going? Or for zenni? I need to order some & for some reason they no longer email me discount codes

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

You can check hotukdeals website for latest discount codes for these.

Paid €8 odd customs charged.. so plan for it. Yet to get the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

has anyone bought varifocals recently from this site and what did they cost for the lenses only? My local optician has 3 options ranging from 220 up to 330, not cheap but maybe this is normal or are they a bit cheaper on Goggles4u?

• Advertisement

I got varifocals earlier after 5he original post was made. Got the all the premium coatings added and also got the lenses photochromic.

Frames and lenses with the discount was approx €50 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thats quite a saving over what I paid (220). Will be the last time I use a local optician for anything other than an eye test

Advertisement