Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

I want to change Career currently a Health Care Assistant HSE

• 21-03-2022 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27 cuddlebutt

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction...

Hi I've been a HCA for 15 years I work with people with intellectual disabilities. I'm on the top incremental scale which is good.

I no longer have job satisfaction I find I'm burnt out especially working in the challenging behaviour end of the job. I feel like a punch bag some days.

I have a been there done that attitude, I've worked in every area in ID as a HCA.

It no longer interests me, the work is boring no longer rewarding, management are toxic and I find I'm being micromanaged. This sector has gone paper work crazy too taking the carer away from work on the ground to crossing the t's and dotting the i's for the next HIQA inspection.

I have done this job since I was 19 and I know nothing else of what's out there or what else I'd be good at.

It's more important to me to be there for kids with time rather than earn a big big wage.

The dream for me is being able to drop kids to school and then go to work and not earn any less than I do now.

I'm part time now, €350 a week. Not much I know but it helps.

Has anyone changed career?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭ salonfire

Paperwork is a common complaint for a lot of people, but changing jobs will not get you away from tedious admin tasks. Almost all jobs come with admin and paper work unless maybe you are a shift operator drone in a mind numbingly boring factory job making widgets. Would that type of work be any better..

Advertisement