Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 4x13 - 'Coming Home' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Complete scutter.

Why on earth was the station spinning in warp?!

I think what strikes me the most is how unprofessional the majority of the crew are. And as for wedging in another "my family" horseshit with Adira...puke

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Writing eassys this week. Using mathematics last week.

Beings that can warp space are not higher beings? Must be some creatures in 10 see'a galaxy that do it through evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭pah

Utter, utter shíte.

Discovery was never very good but some of the first 2 seasons were watchable. I personally hated all the retconning and shohorning in of Michael to the canon but I might have overlooked it to a degree if the writing was better and the explanations were better.

Every episode this season has had lots of technical/scientific silliness.

The DMA being 5 LIGHT YEARS wide for a start - I don't even know where to start with how ridiculous that is.

The inconsistincies from episode to episode - communicating with the 10-C - LMFAO

One minute Books ship can't be beamed onto because of some blocking tech, the next someone just beams in, no problem.

There are 30+ posts here and only 1 person giving this episode/show any love. A poor tv show and a really awful trek show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Micheal's character no longer makes any sense from where she started. She was raised on Vulcan and had control of her emotions. By this eposide she doesn't even consider Vulcan as an important planet to her and she has no emotional control at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,735 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ya I think as writers and showrunners changed they have tried to bury that stupid storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Well if they are doing that they should change her name too which is just so stupid to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭eadrom

Yeah there's so little continuity with what the show used to be.

It was clearly stated a few times that the spore drive can jump to anywhere in the universe, now they can barely make it to the edge of the galaxy.

Correcting for past mistakes to some extent but adds to the feeling of this all being pretty pointless. Mindless action interspersed with awkward character moments of bridge crew taking about where they want to go on holidays when they get "back" to Earth. Dudes, it's 1000 years later. Everyone you've ever known is dead and that ski spot you loved so much is probably a tropical beach by now. So much emotion and not a care, all at the same time. Who are these people.

Someone with a chequebook at Paramount just doesn't want to admit failure with this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Yeah I found the lack of consequences for the General's betrayal particularly frustrating. It doesn't even warrant a dressing down from the Earth president instead it's all smiles and jokes. From a diplomatic standpoint if Earth wants to rejoin the Federation there's no way that Indoye could keep her position. How could Federation/Starfleet officers be expected to work alongside someone that had deliberately sabotaged a Starfleet mission?

I also agree that it felt like a huge leap to go from communicating simple math equations in the previous episode to carrying out complex conversations all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the spore drive and the test drive are both gone now? So no more spore jumping?

So now Discovery is no more important than the other ships, apart from the fact it has Michael which makes it a thousand times more special and important than the other ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That bit where Tilly was instructing a group of personnel to help because people need support early on in the episode is for me the worst scene in Star Trek I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

why was the conniving general not punished?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Really. Wow season five might actually have to have decent writing. I have watched very little of season 4 only the first half of the first episode and that was enough for me to say no thanks. Reading the posts in here I am so glad I avoided it all. Maybe someday someone will condense it into 3 or 4 episodes and I might watch that otherwise no thanks.

I am curious do was there ever a future Enterprise shown in it at all?

What letter are they on now and is it on You-Tube anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've watched none of this but like last year, I have read through this thread to see if it got any better (Picard did in fairness though not without its flaws - mostly that it could have been told in half the episodes)

But it sounds as though this is still the same mess it's always been.. and it's been given another season?? Really?!

Advertisement