Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi Car Rejection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

Audi are now saying that the issue is not even a fault, "it's a characteristic of the car."

So for anybody buying a new Audi, don't worry if you get warnings on the dash and features of your car that you paid for stop working, rest assured it's not a fault, it's just a characteristic and Audi will be no help.

They surely have a bigger legal team working on the new A3 than a manufacturing team at this point after the heated seats characteristic, the MMI reboot characteristic, the SOS characteristic, the Parking Aid characteristic.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Is it the dealership or Audi Ireland saying this?

Would you ask them to explain in writing the nature of this characteristic, how it functions and how it supports the driver / owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

As someone who has been in a similar situation, this will be a drawn out process, i took the money and ran, couldn't be bothered dealing with it long term, that and the fact that the manufacturer ignored several correspondences from my solicitor. they are under the VAG brand group also. by the time the car was 6 or 7 months old it had already spent a month in the dealers. quickly takes the shine off a new car and fairly sours the experience esp when you've specked something exactly how you wanted it..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Water2626262

I think you need to keep pushing. Solicitors letter etc. Is it on finance too? No harm contacting the finance company. You have rights on hire purchase if the asset is faulty.

The dealership, Audi Ireland don't respond to anything.

They're saying it makes no difference to the car, it's just a warning light.

The fact that the parking aid system stops functioning, right when you want it most, is an inconvenient fact for them, so they just keep ignoring that bit. They're painful to deal with, they talk to you like your an idiot, but they seem to struggling to understand the basic functions of their own product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hit up some of the Audi fan club type forums on Facebook for Ireland & UK to see if others have experienced the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Just for anyone in the same situation -

Contact Audi Ireland

Audi Ireland

Block C,

Liffey Valley Office Campus

Liffey Valley,

Dublin 22

Ireland

Telephone

1800 813 760

Opening Times: 8am - 6pm (Mon - Fri)

It's always worth contacting them directly as they can feign ignorance as they hadn't been notified by the customer when it reaches a far more advanced stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Totally agree..had unreal problems with my 221 a3. Too many to mention all electrical

Easier said than done! had massive and I mean massive problems with an A3 to the point driving the car was becoming dangerous... All fell on deaf ears.

• Advertisement

Where did you buy it do you mind me asking. you can message me if you wish, have had serious problems with an A3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lad in work got an ID4 brand new and from day one had nothing but problems with it, After a few times in and out of the garage they eventually gave him all his money back.

Advertisement