Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weird RTE promo (Nighthawks?) with rubber alien.

• 03-03-2022 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone remembers this bizarre promo i saw on RTE circa 1989/90-ish? Can't be 100% sure but I think it was for Nighthawks. The fuzziness in detail is because I just saw it once but it was weird enough to stick in my memory.

It took the form of a pastiche of 1950s B movie sci fi, horror films. It had this rubber Creature From The Black Lagoon type monster looking into the camera and then advancing down a corridor, it was clearly an action man sized toy that someone was holding up in front of the camera. POV shot of it sneaking up on a secetrary at a desk. All thus accompanied by cheesy "dramatic" music. Then next shot monster is clearly portrayed by a man in a rubber monster suit grabbing the woman who screams. He pushes her offscreen and we hear "om nom nom" sounds to indicate he's eating her. Then he picks up a note from the desk and there's a message about Nighthawks or whatever the programme was Network 2 etc whatever night it was on.

I swear I didn't dream this.

Comments

Advertisement