Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vincent Hanley documentary

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

RTE would have no rights to the music videos so there was no point in keeping the recordings just for the links by Vincent Hanley.

Most of the videos are available on Youtube anyway.

What I would like is just the names of all the songs, there were some videos I enjoyed but have totally forgotten what the songs were!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

well of course all the music videos are on You Tube now. these songs have been well documented / name checked in documentaries, articles etc, in the context of MT USA since the show ended.

But it would be great to have full MT USA programmes as they were with opening titles, Vincent's links, other presenter segments and the special effects / titles that added to the excitement of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Somebody said 8-bit graphics, hah! The computer generated links were state of the art for the time and would have cost a fair bit to make (I suspect a lot were bought in and just had the MT-USA logo put on top. As an aside, a lot of the bigger pirate stations back in the 80s ad similar names to US stations so they could use their jingles)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

It was not just the MT USA logo opening/closing that was a graphic...there were artist names/song titles, features etc.

some of the presenter content was done in Dublin by other radio 2 presenters (Irish new releases etc) - this would have required more graphics.

Advertisement