Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Hurling League 2022 Discussion

Options

Comments

He got a shoulder into the chest off the field.. usual kind of crap that goes on. He kinda struck the stomach first(was hard to see that), then kinda half clotheslined/forearmed Cooney into the neck... He struck 2/3/4 times but the one to the neck/chin is what the red would have been for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Seriously? Google Hegarty sent off.... I was in the opposite stand but was able to find the incident within a few minutes.

Donal Og comments.......

It wouldn't take you long to go back and five other incidents like that. You can't use that hurley like that.

We've all spoken very highly of him and Limerick over the last few years, but he has a fierce habit of flicking back with the hurley. You can't do it.

He has been very lucky over the last few years. I'd actually say that when John Kiely sits down and looks at that, he will nearly feel relieved in some ways that it happened to him out here.

Limerick were lucky that it didn't happen in a big game last year and it could have had a bigger impact on the outcome in the Munster final.

This was coming to Hegarty and they were lucky that it happened to them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,353 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Thanks. I saw a video of the start of the fight but it didn't show what Hegarty had done to make him stand out for a red as that was off camera. At the time I thought it was fouls on Hayes started the fight and had assumed Hegarty done something as 3rd man in but Hayes wasn't fouled in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AllSquare

Galway to win the league. Dublin, Wexford and Kilkenny to qualify out of Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

I don't think John Kiely will be unduly worried about last night's defeat but this was a massive win for Galway and Shefflin.

To come to the home of the AI champions and match them physically and win the game is a huge boost.

The sending off was justified and undoubtedly affected the final score.

Limerick's discipline is an issue and I agree with everything Donal Óg said after the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

My God Offaly are simply rubbish so far. Didnt think they were that poor.

15 gone and Cork lead 0-03 v 3-06

Cork should just take their points at this stage already. We could get double figures for goals at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fanning making some unreal saves for Wexford

Rory o Connor giving an exhibition in Ennis, 1-4 from play in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

What's the 2 tricks? Winning championship matches and All Irelands

What's truly laughable is the idea that hoofing long ball all the time is still an option in the 2020s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Kilkenny doing the majority of the hurling here but losing. Some woeful shooting from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Tipp look very lightweight. Kilkenny should be up 3 or 4. The shooting is so bad. Guys on their own and blazing it wide. Walsh caught a fantastic ball then took a rash shot even he could have taken a few secs.. The diagonal ball is all well and good but if its too far and long then it's a terrible ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Great stuff there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip v Kilkenny - as enjoyable a game of hurling as you are likely to see in the month of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hard to pick out the winner of the league

The final will only be 2 weeks out from the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nklc

A lot of teams find out the hard way that the killinan end is very difficult on a windy day . Some shocking wides hit in this years county final in to that end

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was looking at the Div1 B table there makes nice viewing from a Dublin perspective.

I am not sure how seriously Tipp took the match in Thurles. The impression I got was they seemed to take Dublin for granted.

Dublin host the Cats in Parnell and go away to Laois in the last match. Dublin are great in Parnell. And since Laois shocked Dublin in the championship - Dublin won't be taking them lightly again for a while.

Dublin are a real confidence team. If they get momentum they can be very dangerous. A league final going into the championship would be lovely. Great progress.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That draw between Dublin and Waterford in Round 1 could come in very handy as potentially both could end up getting through to the semi finals next weekend

Tbh Waterford need to get over Antrim today first before thinking about that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If I remember Dublin had a hard fight to get the 2 points off Antrim. They are playing well it seems but not getting the results.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Yeah top 2 in each group (1st 1A vs 2nd 1B, 1st 1B vs 2nd 1A)

Big weekend in 1B next weekend, Dublin vs Kilkenny Saturday and Waterford vs Tipperary on Sunday. Wins for Dublin and Waterford will mean both are through but anything other than that makes things very interesting going into the last round on the 20th March

Wexford flying

2-15 0-15 FT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

The dirt of Limerick is unreal. The same nonsense went on in the Munster final last year. At least, it's getting copped on to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Sorry I don't see Limerick being overly physical at all. Its a well contested game..Tipperary would prefer if hurling was 'non touch'. No power in them. I'm not a Limerick man by the way. Both reds were justified but Kingstons was especially dangerous.

The knockout stages in the league could be exciting and it's anyone's really. Wexford more or less through as they travel to Offaly next weekend with Cork vs Galway and Clare vs Limerick (which is possibly a dead rubber at this stage ?)

As siad earlier next weekend in 1B is going to be great

It's three reds.

Two for Limerick. Three in two games. But no problem with discipline...

Why would you bring up Tipp in a game between Cork and Limerick?

I know why 🤣 And it's... well, you know yourself.

And you're not a Limerick man? Who cares where you're from? Why bring it up?

All well and good performing in the league, but will Cork be able to perform like this against Limerick in championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

You obviously don't watch much hurling. Limerick are a physical side, as for your comment on Tipperary, complete and utter bitter nonsense.

Advertisement