Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bike shops in Ireland.

Options
  • 23-01-2022 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

hello ,

I'm currently looking for a touring ebike but there's limited stock everywhere i go.

I wanted to get a good quality bike but I'm told I'll be waiting months.

Can anyone recommend good bike shops that carry large stock in Ireland , not northern Ireland as i will be availing of bike to work.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭JMcL

Not sure where you're based, but three that I've dealt with that I can recommend would carry a reasonable amount of stock in normal circumstances.

The Hub in Limerick - I got my most recent bike there and despite it being a bit of a wait (I was after something very specific), I'd have only good things to say about them. Very communicative and sound

Altitude in Waterford - they'd usually have a good bit of stock, though not sure what it's like at the moment

Victoria Cycles in Cork - It's a small shop so maybe a long shot, but they did carry unusual stuff you wouldn't find elsewhere, and were good to deal with

It'll be hit and miss anywhere at the minute with the state of the supply chain - I know at least one shop dealing with lesser known brands that's had had to close - hopefully just temporarily - as they couldn't get any stock whatsoever

Good luck with the hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

thanks a million for that info , that's exactly what i wanted.

I'm in Dublin but it's bad in few shops i was in , the bike I want will be produced in fourth quarter all going well.

Some lovely genuine people and nothing they can do but wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭JMcL

I'd also have a leaf through this thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058228713/is-there-any-bikes-to-be-had I think the OP is after a road bike, but you might find someplace with a tourer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Touring ebike is also limiting the options even more as though more places are doing them, it's still a growing market and not all shops would be selling that type of bike

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

just off pearse st

deal with a lots of brands

https://www.greenaer.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

thanks for help ,I started getting overwhelmed with the variations in bikes so have to hold for a while

Tried a kuma bike with internal hub gears ,belt and bafang motor and it's so smooth. Not what i had in mind but lovely to cycle.

Gone from no choice to too much now .

There is a fair amount available if your open to traveling and exploring different bikes.

Advertisement