Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masks and Workplaces

• 22-01-2022 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Do we still have to wear masks in the workplace. I've looked but can't find a definite answer. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

According to this, mask wearing is remaining in place and will be reviewed at the end of next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

What kind of workplace?

Some such as hospitality and retail still need to wear them, offices etc it seems like it's down to your employer's policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

there is no change in the requirements for mask wearing thankfully - so sector specific advice remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I always though that masks were mandatory in the office or a factory, but I checked the Citizens Information website yesterday and don't believe they are.

However, your management can determine the rules of entry to the building, but I don't know how things will go when masks in public are no longer legally required.

I don't think they'll be able to justify them if they are removed by the government.

Advertisement