Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Child maintenance from abroad

• 12-01-2022 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone who has knowledge of child maintainence can help me. My ex husband lives in the Republic of Ireland but I don’t and I have unsuccessfully tried to get a court order (called a Remo) set up so that he is compelled to pay a certain amount of maintenance child each month. There has been lots of twists and turns- the first time it appeared before a judge in Republic of Ireland it was thrown out for jurisdiction reasons even though it had been brought before the court via the normal process ( the central authority in my own country). Now I have been given another form to fill out and another hearing is imminent however the form is entitled Family Law (Maintenance of Spouses and Children Act), 1976 section 5A(1). However he is no longer my spouse and I am looking for child maintainence only. Does anyone know is this is the correct form/ procedure?

thanks for any help.

Advertisement