Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Petrol hybrid suv

• 10-01-2022 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

The current offerings from say hyundai and toyota are all big cc turbos with mild hybrid as we know but, these have to be animals on fuel in the real world....am I right or wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

I would say yes, I like diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rodderss

We are o. Our second kia,I looked at the new model today and they are really pushing the petrol which has 230 hp. Hardly gonna be frugal now is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

If your primary use case is short trips of less than 50km then they are extremely economical and if you charge every day you will hardly ever buy petrol.

on the other hand if you have lots of long trips then they drink fuel. I’ve gotten close to 60mpg average over 6000km out of a Kia Sorento with probably 6 trips to Donegal or Cork. Most of the time it goes on short trips

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The new Tucson is not a mild hybrid, it's a proper hybrid. Expected 5.5-6l/100km in regular driving. The new Sportage will be the same. Both also have a PHEV option which will be an even more economical option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This. Short runs & plug in when needed it doesn't really matter if it's petrol or diesel. You won't be using the ice engine. For obvious reasons go for the petrol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement