Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick-Galway what rolling stock?

Options
  • 05-01-2022 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I am thinking to go from Killarney to Galway tomorrow via Mallow, Limerick Junction, Limerick and onto Galway. I can also drive it or go by bus some or all of the ways, driving is emerging as the least attractive option for now. However I don't want to give 2hrs 10mins on a class 2800 between Limerick and Galway, perished with the cold, windows open for covid rules and no table. If there is a class 22000 operating from Limerick to Galway it would be much more palatable as I could relax and watch TV on the laptop.

Irish rails timetable give no indication of what rolling stock is used on what service however.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

For the record, all services between Galway and Limerick are 2800 operated except for:

Monday-Saturday:

18:45 Galway-Ennis and 21:20 Ennis-Limerick

Sundays:

06:35 Limerick-Ennis

08:10 Limerick-Galway

10:08 Limerick Junction-Ennis

15:55 Limerick-Galway

20:50 Limerick-Ennis

07:25 Ennis-Limerick

11:27 Ennis-Limerick

12:15 Galway-Limerick

18:30 Galway-Limerick