Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Household Close Contact, no contact from HSE

• 04-01-2022 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I’m a household close contact and thankfully have no symptoms yet. My family member tested positive on pcr test and I received my close contact text message last Friday, New Years Eve. I clicked the link and filled out the online form and on the last page when I submitted the form I was told the HSE would decide if I needed to go for a pcr test or do at home antigen tests. I was told the HSE would be in touch to advise me and I would be either given an appointment for a pcr test or they would post antigen tests to my home address. That was last Friday and I have heard nothing from them! Anybody else in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭YellowLead

For me they didn’t get in touch once I filled the online form, just posted the antigens.

if you have no symptoms it’s antigen rather than pcr and it just takes a bit of time postage wise as they are back logged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

I got a close contact alert on the app over a year ago. Never got the call from the HSE. Had to get my doctor to arrange the PCR test. From what I hear since the contact tracing is even more hit and miss now. Forget about the HSE and phone your doctor and tell them you have symptoms. You'll get an appointment in about 8 days

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

You will get antigens in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

How long do you have to isolate if your child gets it? I've had the booster over 7 days but I assume I have to isolate in line with the number of days my child has to isolate for?

Its incredibly difficult on families as the situation now is i have no symptoms, i might have them in 5 days time, my other child might develop symptoms in 7 days time, then my wife..i mean where the f*ck does it stop. Do we isolate for the best part of a month if we all start testing positive at different stages, (and this is antigen tests as impossible to book PCRs) which would you send you over the edge at that point.. all while trying to work from home and keep the kids entertained (2 kids under 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Depends on the scenario. I got 5 as a close contact but that was when you had to isolate for 10 days, not sure now if they still send 10 because you only have to isolate for 7days I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

5 for me and I was boostered so only five days isolation

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

One box of 5 per close contact.

Received a box each for my husband and myself this week as a child tested positive.

They also booked PCRs for my other 2 kids, but I cancelled them because we have already had our Day 0 and Day 10 PCRs, sorted by ourselves, all negative, and are 14 days post the original positive antigen result - the PCRs booked by the HSE would have been counted by them as "Day 0" so they are way too late in our case.

It looks like it is antigens for adults in the household, assuming you are vaccinated and have no symtoms, but PCRs for kids in the household regardless.Seems to be the direction they are going.They only thing is the lag that there might be in the HSE booking the test would extend your isolation

Advertisement