Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears not working issue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

In fairness to Riclad, I think he might very single minded (literal) in how he thinks about things. I don't think its trolling.

I'm a lot heavier than you Riclad and I rarely break a spoke or get a puncture. I have puncture resistant slick tyres, keep the pressure up high. Mine are max 80psi. Check every other ride. Make sure all spokes are tight. Avoid kerbs or potholes.

The gears are tricky to adjust. Might be worth getting someone to help you with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I abandoned that bike, eg back wheel has 5 cogs, it's buckled, I'll sell it on on adverts ie for all my spare wheels are too big wide eg 7 cogs, I bought a large mountain bike from a friend the gears all work fine I got the gears working OK on the old bike

Íl put the bike on adverts ie for sale as I can't replace the back wheel as its too small standard back wheels are too wide to fit the forks

I rarely get a puncture I post here as a non expert who likes to do his own repairs

I went to a bike shop I was told a new wheel is 15 euro at least

i find the new bike more comfortable to ride eg the seat is higher than the old bike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Not much point starting a thread if you won't listen to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭prunudo

€15 for a new wheel, too hot to handle by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The gears are working , but I have a bike that uses standard wide cog wheels , I have 3 spare back wheeIs I don't need a bike that uses the smaller 5 cog wheels. I prefer the handlebar style on the new bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭cletus

You say you like to do your own repairs, but when people offer advice on thing that you could actut do at home to keep your bike running, you dismiss it.

I'm not sure whether it is trolling or not, but either way, one of the stranger threads I've come across here

Advertisement