Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy Manager / Consultant / Data Protection

Options
  • 29-12-2021 6:48pm

Does anyone work in this area or maybe work with this team a bit?

I'm in an executive level compliance role working side-by-side with the DPO and I am enjoying it a lot. Some of the responsibilities I'm being transitioned into match what I've seen in privacy manager job specs. I'm CIPP/E qualified, planning on getting CIPM very soon.

Q - what kinds of skills or qualifications would compliment this direction? I was thinking either Prince2 for project management, or perhaps a diploma in legal studies or something I.T.-related.

I was offered another role as a junior privacy consultant after starting my current role, which I rejected, but it's not unimaginable that I could go that direction for career growth/good opportunities etc.

Advertisement