Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Loan of a type 1 "granny charger" near Cavan town

• 27-12-2021 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭ Alkers

Our ampera PHEV won't start this morning for the trip back to Dublin. Going through an "initialising" screen and won't start despite having half a battery and plenty of fuel.

Does anyone who is near Cavan have either a type 2 to type 1 public charge cable or a type 1 granny charger that we can borrow?

We have our granny charger (not used in years) which isn't charging the car.

Post edited by Alkers on

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭ Black_Knight

I'd say try disconnecting the 12v battery for 10 minutes and connect it up again. Hopefully it'll "reboot" the car enough to get past whatever issue it's having on initialisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭ Alkers

Have diagnosed a faulty pump in the gearbox so not a charging issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭ PeaSea

I thought you meant you had a car that refused to start when it was in Cavan. I once had a car that broke down on the same street in Belfast 3 times and nowhere else (and I dont live in Belfast). Sometimes cars are like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭ Alkers

Got sorted, car is home.

Advertisement