Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Mega Drive controllers - Any new ones you would recommend?

• 23-12-2021 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

Hello all,

Was thinking off buying a new Mega Drive controller. I see Krikzz (Everdrive) has one out.

Was wondering which new Mega Drive controller would you recommend? What are you using?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 46,901 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Retr0gamer

I'm using the 8bitdo Megadrive 6 button replica and honestly it's the best replica I've used. I'd recommend that over anything else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 33,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

I bought one of these off Cosmic Smash and it's absolutely fantastic.

Probably the best Megadrive controller I have ever used

• Registered Users Posts: 31,592 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

I've two myself, the 8 bit do one and recently got given a Retro Bit one for chrimbo.

Both are great but the 8bit Do had a squeaky D pad period that was really annoying. I'd go with the Retro Bit, the overall quality seems to be a little bit better (not by much mind you), it looks more like the original pad and is officially licensed by Sega.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 46,901 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Retr0gamer

I have the Retro bit Saturn pad and the quality is not as good as a saturn or megadrive pad. Also they can be a bit funky on PC if you are using them for emulation. The 8bitdo 6 button on the other hand is the closest anything has gotten to the quality of the sega pads imo.

Advertisement