Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apartment Building - Worrying Activity

• 19-12-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi - so I am living in South Dublin and have been renting in my current place for around 8years now. The whole apartment complex is owned by a major REIT in Ireland, apart from one block which is social housing. Anyway, apartment on my floor recently had a family move out and I noticed it was listed on Daft by same REIT. They were showing it to potential tenants and I heard the letting agent mention that it would be available from Jan. About a week after that, I heard someone move in at around 12.30am at night - with around 3/4 bags. Seems strange to me, didn’t think much of it at the time. In the past week it’s become clear that there is illegal activity going on and alot of visitors at all times of the day and night. I’ve also noticed they have changed the apartment number on the ad on Daft and taken down a couple of photos.

Question is, how do I go about addressing this problem - if it was a standalone tenant, probably nothing I could do but we are dealing with a major company/landlord. Either someone is giving the apartment to someone for a couple of weeks or they aren’t doing any vetting on the apartments they are leasing out.

Anyone have similar situations or any advise how best to approach this? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭DubCount

If you suspect illegal activity, report it to the Guards.

Advertisement