Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If you could train with one professional elite training group who would it be?

• 16-12-2021 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Self explanatory here but if there were no obstacles which group would you choose and why? It could be the climate etc, the type of training they do, the mantra or simply the results they produce

These days training groups tend to be really driving on (could simply be the shoes of course) performances from NAZ Elite, Tinman, Melbourne Track Club, Dublin track club, Bowerman Track Club etc

Do people think there are certain aspects of these training groups that are overlooked in terms of getting the best out of athletes or is it simply the talent of the athletes and the training they are doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Wottle

I'd love to go over as an assistant or observer to Doha with Steven Macklin's group, Team Aspire.

He's working with young athletes and observing their social media, you can see the foundations been laid.

They all seem to be having a bit of fun and the weather and lifestyle are a big plus too, a few results starting to put them on the map.

Steven used to post here as Tergat and anyone who read his posts can see he knows his stuff.

A fingerprint or two can be seen on some of the XC results from last weekend.

If I could pick a second group it would be Dublin Track club with Feidhlim Kelly (don't know him personally). He seems to be a man with strong beliefs and follow through.

The results some of his group have had in such a relatively short time frame is pretty amazing and I imagine more of our best will gravitate to this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭E.coli

Haha you let the cat out of the bag on that secret (though imagine these days not too worried give he is no longer working with AAI)

Have seen a good bit of the work seems to be creating a good culture over there though I must admit I have not really followed the athletes specifically to comment on progressions.

DTC is an interesting one I think they have been great for the sport in Ireland. I think the team dynamic has been the biggest driver there personally. I feel he has the athletes working off and for each other. I think the links to Bideau have also helped with regards connections on the circuit between getting into races as well as pace making gigs. There is a journeyman feel to the group which has opened up pathways for alot of Irish athletes that I reckon will prove huge dividends for alot of athletes actually making a bit of a living from the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Wottle

I checked with him first a few months back, he didn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Doha though? Is that a good location for any training group?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭E.coli

I believe a lot of work is with Junior Qatari athletes by in large, Aspire tend to be at the forefront of Sports Science development so access to world class facilities etc is freely available.

I know Eilish McColgan has had a number of stints training there in recent years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement