Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guys on dating sites…

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why would you need an face app though, it seems extremely ugly skinny weak guys are in, judging by Kim Kardashian, and Megan Fox, will that trend actually take off though?> Doubt it .

It would be funny if that trend did take off, and every nerdy skinny dork had a supermodel on his arm, while the super buff guys are on crash diets to get skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Hmmm you’re forgetting the loaded an famous bit....

Eh but those women are the loaded ones, not the guys,

its a long time since Boris looked that dashing..... if ever! 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Mabel Tight Taster

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

Yeah I get the ghosting thing tbh. It's not nice but I understand why people do it because they don't want an awkward moment...I'd prefer a more 'its too far away' or something like that where we both know that's not the reason but it allows some closure.

My main thing that I don't like with online dating is the constant texting. I had someone ask me 'how are you?' several times every day. Just being nice and trying to keep the conversation going I guess but one thing that Ive learned myself from it is I'm the type of person that needs space. Before Mobile phones and constant availability...at least you could build up some anticipation towards each other in the early days of dating and a nice slow pace of getting to know each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

One thing I like about Hinge is that it has videos and voice prompts on the profiles, so you can get a better idea of what the person is like. It's harder to faceapp yourself while shaking your arse on the dancefloor or jumping into a lake.

I think most of us are just like you in that respect. Chatting on sites like these is really not at all a normal type of scenario, it’s very forced. I keep to subjects like “booked a little trip to y, it was very good value, never been but I hear it’s nice, have you ever been there?” Or one thing that I can “ dine out” as they say, indefinitely are the years I took up flying small aircraft. That’s a nice neutral and interesting topic that gets a conversation going, and on being asked “what is your ideal date?” the answer will be an afternoon light airplane flight, followed by a simple meal and drink. That usually gets a wow!

Bit of Wow going on, hopefully a bit of meet up soon. Mutual respect is so essential. It may be a spark of the magic, or may not ignite at all.

Post edited by recode the site on

• Advertisement

Have a meet-up arranged for next week, he lives other side of country. Compatible sense of humour & fun 😍

Update: a passionate date was upended by one of the storms which hit his area worst, and then a whacking dose of Covid ensued… he’s just coming out of that now, so the passions may resume 😎

Getting his mojo back 😍

Hi OP, you created this thread but it reads like your own personal blog .....you are the only one posting on it since 1 February...... is there a reason you're keeping it going ?

If you have a particular issue I might suggest don’t bother with thread if you are now overly concerned with a mere update some time back. Y’know the ignore button if you are very bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Did you get the ride OP? 🤣

By gosh I struck gold, the most sensual creature that ever walked the planet walked into my boudoir and we were at a merry dance for hours on repeat, the Kama Sutra has nothing on it, sheer electricity enough to power Putin’s strongest missile. A series of earthquakes off the Richter Scale were recorded, springs broken, and all supply of oxygen expended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Can somebody let me know where the ignore button is lol :) no offence OP

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

You have to click on their name and on the right hand side there's a box to click that gives you the option to ignore 😉

• Advertisement

One feature I don’t like about the ignore button, which I’ve used sparingly, is that if somebody replies to you your post is visible on new Boards. Can’t remember what it was like on old Boards.

Advertisement