Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you looking forward to in 2022?

• 12-12-2021 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭

Release schedule here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_2022

The biggest titles of next year look fairly nailed-on and unsurprising: Avatar 2, Jurassic World Dominion, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Top Gun Maverick, The Batman, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Minions 2, Mission Impossible 7...

...BUT for once, I think there could be quite a few original IPs with decent backing and some potential franchise starters. Here are a few things I picked out from that list:

• J-Lo single-handedly tries to bring back the cinema rom-com (Marry Me, Shotgun Wedding)
    • A decent videogame movie franchise (Uncharted)
    • Brad Pitt in Bullet Train (loved the book)
    • Pixar's cinematic future potentially decided if Turning Red flops and Lightyear succeeds
    • Roland Emmerich's bizarre Moonfall
    • Alexander Skaarsgaard in a viking movie (The Northman)
    • Whitney Houston and Elvis biopics
    • Damien Chazelle's latest (Babylon)
    • Jordan Peele's latest (Nope)
    • Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum in The Lost City - 'A reclusive romance novelist on a book tour with her cover model gets swept up in a kidnapping attempt that lands them both in a cutthroat jungle adventure.'

and of course, my most-anticipated movie: 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent': Nicolas Cage begrudgingly accepts a $1 million offer to attend the birthday of a Mexican billionaire super fan (Pedro Pascal). When things take a wild turn, Nic is forced to become a version of some of his most iconic and beloved characters in order to extricate his wife and daughter from the fan who is a notorious drug lord.

What are you looking forward to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭billyhead

The Batman and the top gun sequel. The Northman looks interesting aswell.

Candyman 2022 - NOT. But fortunately this year's one was so "good" that should take care of itself.

Well only the big-budget / big studio films are are really sign-posted in advance but notwithstanding that I suppose "Mission Impossible 7", "Death on the Nile", "Deep Water", "Top Gun: Maverick" and I'd be curious to see how bad "Avatar 2" turns out after so long.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I'd never heard of the Bullock and Tatum "Lost City", but that description is giving me Romancing The Stone vibes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Top Gun is the only one Im hyped for

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement