Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

England Test Tickets ‘21

• 02-12-2021 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,780 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

anybody have any experience of going over to tests in England and ticket availability at reasonably short notice ?

i missed the boat on the ballot... as I was waiting a little to see how the health shîtshow was playing out but I’m hopeful of getting to a test for two / three days with a friend next summer....not picky about what location or opposition but any insight on your experiences would be appreciated..

thanks..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I've only been to tests in Lord's, and then always got my tickets through the ballot. Been to ODIs and other games in other grounds though.

You might find it easier to get tickets for days 4 and 5 of tests, and in some cases they don't sell day 5 until they're sure there'll be play.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,780 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Good stuff, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

There's good availability for Old Trafford - I'm going there though my memory of last Test there was Rain which happens a bit more in Manchester than the other grounds.

https://tickets.lancashirecricket.co.uk/selection/event/seat?perfId=101546499800&productId=101546488584

• Registered Users Posts: 24,780 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thanks for that, yes and prices are good value considering it’s a test... I’ll be looking into that definitely thanks again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'd advise you to buy them soon, if you can. They will sell out for Days 1 & 2 anyway, and if by some miracle the England team does well in Australia there'll be a lot more interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement