Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quote for hanging a door

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Do people ever think about costs?

Cost of Van & maintenance, insurance etc.

Cost of tools

Cost of insurance

Cost of ancillaries (they need an accountant)

Cost of PRSI

Cost of down days

Cost of sick days

Cost of rework where customer not happy

Cost of admin days, quoting, etc

Employers PRSI

And the you get to paying two people.

On top of this, this is a small job. You will get significant discount if you commit to say two weeks.

As for wishing a group of people a disaster in their livelihood🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Oh I love when people put up these costs, and are adamant that the customer must pay for them all.

Surely, taking that logic, I can insist on my employer paying for my car, car insurance, tax, maintainance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would bloody well hope they do if they are required for you to actually discharge your duties for your role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

The car enables me to get to my job. Being onsite is required for me to do my job. I'd like you to represent me in the next round of pay negotiations please 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

They do if you use your car in relation to your work.

So if you are asked to go 25km away from the office you can get approx 45c per km tax free as it's considered the cost of operating the vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

How you get *to* your job is not something your employer is responsible for. If they require you to use your car *for* your job, yes, they need to compensate you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Right I have to comment on this because it seems like you do not understand how running a business works.

In your earlier replies you have quoted the labour court minimum rates of pay for a qualified tradesman. This is the minimum an employer can pay the person and needs approx 20% added on to cover (just in case it's not obvious you are not this persons employer but are contacting them to do work for you)employers prsi and holiday pay. This is not the price someone is going to be charged by a tradesman.

Of course the customer must pay for all the costs the business he contracts to do work for him. This is running a business day one.

If you're an employee your employer is not obligated to pay for you to get to your workplace,that is on you. If you need your personal car to do work related business then you can charge them for it.

Hopefully this is basic enough for you to understand.

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Advertisement