Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Focus - Spare Key needed

Options
  • 26-11-2021 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Family member recently bought a 2012 Focus but only got one key. It has the keyless entry/push button start etc.

Anyway, what's the story with getting a spare key? Happy enough if it is a 'dumb' key that needs to be put into the door to open it and put into the ignition to start the car and so on...is the only option a trip to my local friendly Ford dealer to cut a key? And is a 'dumb' key possible or will it need to be a fully electronic/programmed key (which Google tells me may be quite pricey)?

Cheers,

PB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Where are you based? If in Dublin, you could try Autokey on the Naas Road. They have been recommended on here dozens of times already and I have used them recently. Great service there and they can do a "dumb" key or a full key depending on the car model and what you want. Prices were reasonable compared to main dealer in my case.

Edit: Just realised there is keyless start for the car.... May not even be an ignition barrel to insert a key so it will most likely have to be the fully programmed version. Still give Autokey a shout anyway and see what their advice is. Probably looking at over €200 for that type of key from them.

Post edited by Miscreant on

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

I have a similar Focus from 2013, there is no ignitition barrel, you will need the keyless fob.

Advertisement