Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 back strap carry bag

• 22-11-2021 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest one. I don't have a car so will be cycling to the local golf club so I need a carry bag with 2 back straps. I'm looking for one that's affordable, durable and comfy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

You're best off getting a pencil bag if you are cycling, they have two straps but no stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭blue note

You'd be insane to cycle with golf clubs on your back. The weight could easily transfer to one side and throw you off.

A lad i used to play with had a caddy car with an adapter that you could attach to his bike. It reminded me a bit of the contraption Hannibal Lecter was wheeled around in and looked odd on the course. But I'd suggest looking for that rather than attempt to cycle with clubs on your back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

there is a reason you never see anyone doing this

Way too unstable and not secure at all

see if the club have a storage area to leave the clubs at and cycle up and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Any lightweight bag with headcover should be fine. Take your bike to the store when purchasing if you're planning to buy new? Flip-out legs are nice when playing but could be annoying on a bike (you could have a bungee that straps these back and away from you when on the bike though) Most people I've seen cycling with clubs have held the bag to the side while cycling (a la single strap type bag) rather than across their back. A headcover for the bag is absolutely essential so you don't need to worry about clubs falling out. Secondhand carry bags can be picked up pretty cheap check out adverts for this https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/sports-fitness/golf/211/

• Advertisement
Advertisement