Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men's Golf Societies - Looking for a golf society in my area...?

• 22-11-2021 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I'm in Dublin 14.

I've been playing for about 2 years.

I'm looking for a men's golf society in my area.

I've been playing on the municipal course at Stepaside and I intend to approach the one men's society that operates out of there.

But, I'd also like to be able to play more than once a week.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

D.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved from a quieter part of the site to a more suitable forum, hopefully you'll get a reply here @Dinarius :)

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thank you!

🙏

🤞

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

It might be worth contacting the guys at mygolfSociety. They have a large database of societies and should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sure just join the boards golf society, though we only play once a month, and are a bit more spread out across the country in terms of venues.

Don't know many societies that would be getting out more than twice a month probably, would be amazed at multiple times a week.

Realistically to play that regularly, you'll need to join a club I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭blue note

If you're playing more than once a week you'll surely save a fortune joining a club. Plus you'll have the advantages of being in a club - full handicap, regular comps, can play in opens & for club teams.

I really don't see any advantage to a society over a club if you play that often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks for the replies.

Never heard of My Golf Society. Interesting. I see that Stepaside isn't mentioned, though I know there's a society there.

I've thought about joining a club, but I like not feeling I have to play every week to justify the cost. I also like playing different courses. But, I see the benefits too.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Your local pub might have a golf society? I know Darcy Magees, Pines Temoleogue direction have a society. A lot of GAA clubs have a society as well.

Advertisement