Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ATM retained cash lodgement

Options
  • 20-11-2021 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I went to the BOI ATM in Blanch village today to lodge some cash. The ATM took the money then told me they retained it as it could possibly be counterfeit and i should contact staff. I'm 100% its not counterfeit. Its Saturday and the bank is closed, customer care is also closed. So what now do I have to just wait until Monday and go back to the branch? They retained 500 euro!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

The branch staff will conduct their usual checks on Monday morning and this will be reviewed. Once checked, the funds should return to your account automatically. If the funds do not appear, and you have not been contacted by the branch by Monday afternoon, please reach out to us here or on our other Social Media Channels and we will be more than happy to follow this up with the branch for you.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 1 konrad_slewa

Hi I was trying to lodge money today but the ATM just took 300 and said it was being retained.

I'm not sure what the process is now to get that back , as the ATM didn't provide any receipt for proof.

Any help would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If the ATM has retained your cash, this should be lodged manually by my colleagues in the branch throughout the day today.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lexie kenrick

Hey, I was trying to lodge money into my account via an ATM but it said my lodgement was being detained, this has never happened before so I am unsure of what to do as the money is counterfeit so I don't understand why it is being detained.

I was wondering will the issue get resolved and what should I do, as I can't contact any of your helplines as it is a Sunday. So I hope you can help me.

Lexie

Thanks for the message.

Lodgement facilitaties can be unavailable if a previous customers lodgement was jammed. This will rectify when the Branch opens tomorrow at 10AM. Thanks, Anna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Mateus Morra

Hi, I have tried to lodge some money at the ATM machine located on South Mall, Cork this evening and the money was retained. I didn't get any advice slip for that and I couldn't contact any staff as the bank was closed. Could ye help me please?

Thanks for the help!

Good morning Mateus,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If your cash was retained in the ATM, it should be lodged to your account by midday today as the branch is reopened.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement