Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake Covid booster SMS?

Options
  • 19-11-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

One of my parents has just received a text from: 086-1803701

Stating that they may be eligible for a Covid booster shot and gives a URL of:

Can anyone confirm if this might be legit or fake?

It doesn't address them by name

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Same number I got a message with appointment back in June, Nothing suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The number is the same as the one I received for my jab. So the number checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Glaceon

That’s the same number that the HSE used to text me for my appointments, but the number is easily spoofed so that’s no guarantee. But if it were fake I’d expect the link to be another (fake) website and not the HSE themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

My OH got one too, it's not a scam, I got mine a month ago from the same number. If you scroll down through the message, and click "View All" her name should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks all! Turns out it is indeed legit - just the parents panicking it was a scam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement