Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is the Lotto too hard to win ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Paul Paul Paul

Alright lads it was finally won tonight,I don't know how to post links or results but somehow tonight over 100 people hit 5 and the bonus on the same night someone hit the jackpot. A quick skim over the previous 8 draws shows no more than 3 people hit 5 and the bonus on any given draw but tonight Bruce Almighty took over and gave everyone a fighting chance. It just so happens it was the same night some lucky leprechaun finally hit the jackpot. If you still think it's all luck this should be more proof than ever,I don't care if every single person in the country did the lotto tonight... going from 3 to over 100 is an exponential increase that doesn't make sense statistically. They capped the jackpot at 19 million in September out of the blue when no one even knew there was a such a thing,I haven't done the exact maths but if they hadn't of capped it the jackpot it would of been worth over 50 million tonight but we accepted it. Absolutely no transparency from the "national lottery" which is actually a Canadian Pension fund and the last night it "CAN" be won it is won. Insert your conspiracy theories 👇

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Is the Lotto too hard to win?

• YES, so I stopped doing it, as soon as they increased it from the old 39 numbers.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Does the spar shop pay you by cheque or does someone from Dublin bring the money down to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Imagine sales for the 2 million draw coming up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah , I wouldn't waste a euro on it for a measly 2mill. !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm betting sales figures were through the roof, wouldn't be surprised if they sold 10 times as many tickets this week as they did last week.

Its a draw with odds of 1 in 10.6million of numbers coming up, that's how easy /hard it is to win. The draw itself is totally transparent. People need to gamble on stuff with batter pigs of they want to expect to win regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Everyone would like to win 36k.

But to be one number away from the jackpot of 19mil and not even win enough to buy a car is a laughable.

Im done with the lotto now, and think the people of Ireland should vote with their feet until it becomes some way reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Never actually looked at my 2 tickets bought in the shop until checking them now on the app.

Have to say the quick pick thing is a load of arse. Two tickets with 5 lines and I'm just noticing pretty much every line had the same numbers bar 1 or 2 numbers. Not very random at all.

One ticket all 5 lines have 3, 11, 43, 47

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I scanned my ticket on the app this morning.....

" Not a winning ticket.....thank you for contributing to good causes"

It should say...."thank you for contributing to the Canadian Pension fund....SUCKER!

Post edited by StevenToast on

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

😲only the 'one' winner ???? i'm gobsmacked i thought they'd be a least half a dozen

so going by that yes the lotto is too hard to win

• Advertisement

I wonder did any of those lads who were on the News last night buying €4k worth of tickets win anything? I'd love to know. Jeez I feel robbed enough just buying two tickets a week since Christmas and winning €3 last night, but imagine throwing away €4k?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I think you make a great point...who is to say that the quick pick doesnt spit out the same shite lines for thousands of suckers, people??

Most people just go quick pick now.... need to go back to picking their own numbers...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Intriguing that they announced a Gaurenteed winner last night (sat) on Wednesday morning last, presumably they knew no one would miraculously actually win it that evening 🤔🤔 odd that.

I see on the app this morning it's just saying 1 winner, not actually showing if all 6 numbers were the reason 🤔

Then even more curiously a whopping 149 people somehow managed to tick 5 numbers + Bonus each getting just over €36k. Now call me cynical (and I am when it comes to this charade) that's a record number of 5 plus Bonus, infact it's extraordinary. I'd say at a guess, the most I've ever seem getting 5 + Bonus was 3 people (open to correction)

Finally my own Ticket (not a winner) is not scanning on the app 🤔) despite being purchased in a shop, it goes to "instructions on how they'll notify online players if they win"

So simple questions.

Did someone win having actually got 6 numbers 🤔

How the feck is it remotely believable a whopping 149 players miraculously managed to get 5 + Bonus 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Apparently 22 times more tickets were sold than the draw last week.

But that can't be right, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Someone posted on the thread that a way to know the number of lines bought is to multiply the number of Raffle Prizes by 10,000. On the big draw on 15 Jan it was 692. Previous Saturday draw 08 Jan it was 141, and on the Wednesday draw in between it was 115. Saturday draws always attract more sales than Wednesdays.

If they are correct, there would have been 6,920,000 lines in the draw, which would cover a lot more of the 10.7 million combinations than in a "normal" draw. No way of knowing how many exactly, because some player would have duplicated other players numbers. Still only produced one winning combination.

There won't be a collapse in Lotto sales, it will just continue as before.

It's an excellent point, I once did one normal line I do regularly, one quick pick line and only noticed on checking results there was literally only one number different on the quick pick line as opposed to the one I do regularly 🙄

I'm scratching my head, even allowing for massive sales figures how 149 picked 5 + Bonus.

A women ahead of me on Friday spent €1500 on the draw and with Cash 😳

I personally saw a purchasing frenzy in my local shop on Friday but I still think 22 times sales figure is a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

There were over 10million lines sold for the draw last night ...the method listed above for the raffle numbers only counts lotto plus lines... so >10m lines @ 2e=>20m sales plus almost 7m lottoplus lines so extra @1e so total sales >27 million euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

There's a chance the 5+B were a quick pick line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

Possibly but an extraordinary amount all the same @ 149

Lotto plus 2 was won in Kilkenny, I don't believe lotto has announced were main prize won yet

Anyone else getting this when they scan, shop purchased ticket 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well there was 500 in our place, put 3€ in each for the draw...so that could have been one of the girls in work

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I wonder what the odds are someone winning with 6 numbers when they actually had to make sure someone won with 6 numbers.

Just seems way too much of a convenience that they magically had someone get all 6 numbers, when they said someone had to win tonight, when someone hadn't won in months.

This to me suggests they know what numbers are picked, as that's the only way they could actually match a winner to the numbers drawn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Such a pity there was a single winner and the money did not filter down to the next tier. They would of all great sums although there nothing wrong with 36k either..

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Seems like around 6 times more tickets based on 866,000 players winning something by my basic maths.

Pity there was one winner and the 19 million wasn't split between the 149 5+ bonus winners but that's life I guess!

• Advertisement

Yes, I'd like to have seen the jackpot split but congratulations to whomever it was 😁

Advertisement