Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Pen Knife Repairs

• 17-11-2021 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ Shutuplaura

I inherited a penknife from my uncle. Its not particularly expensive but has some sentimental value. I suspect he had it from his childhood so its an unbranded but was possibly hand made by his own father, a Sheffield little meister...so its not possible to check with a manufacturer.

Its not stainless steel so its a bit pitted, and there is some rust. I can open it but only with a tool. I'd really like to have it cleaned and possibly fixed if there is anything wrong with it. Is there any such place in Dublin that people would recommend? I could chance doing it myself but don't have the tools and really don't want to damage it making a half arsed attempt to fix it.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gloomtastic!

Apologies for the late reply but if you haven't had this repaired yet I think a jeweller may be a good place to start. Alternatively, you could try whichever one of these is local to you. I'd call ahead first.....

https://www.goldenpages.ie/sharpening-services/ireland/

Advertisement