Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Plastidip

• 12-11-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ micah537

Has anyone used or seen any vehicle painted with plastidip?

I am close to buying a camper but don't like the colour so I'm open to all options.

Does plasticdip have a good finish or will it have a poor orange peel appearance. I know you can pull the paint of if you don't like it, so what happens if a car door opens against it or will briars on country roads damage it?

There isn't many upclose images online, just wheels and they don't look great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭ Mjolnir

Seen a few very obvious it isn't paint, end quality will ultimately depend on who applied it and how.

Yes it can be damaged like wraps or paint, don't know how it would fare with ditches, doubt a car door would do much unless it was scraped across it.

Some look OK, it's personal preference I suppose, considered doing the bike in it, ultimately wasn't bothered with the time, money or effort involved.

Advertisement