Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good & safe location to park car for Ireland v Portugal match in Aviva?

• 09-11-2021 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Apologies if this post is in the wrong thread location, but I couldn't find another obvious thread. I am going to the match with my two young boys on Thursday evening, and am nervous about using public transport due to COVID etc. As a result, I'm considering travelling by car instead. Could anyone recommend a good and safe location to park my car? I don't mind having to walk for say 30mins to get to the stadium. I will be travelling in from West Dublin.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any paid carpark not near the stadium.

I would usually have parked Northside, e.g. Jervis or Clerys but they're over 30mins walk. Setanta or Stephens Green/RCSI are closer.

Anywhere on-street even vaguely nearby isn't particularly vandalism safe (annoyed residents moreso than pissed other matchgoers!) and can be hard to drive out of with the crowds after. You won't find free parking easily.

Advertisement