Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bass guitar lessons

• 01-11-2021 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all.

Im looking for bass lessons in/ around cork city. Im a beginner but not raw beginner. Im looking for some tuition to develop goos technique rarher develop bad habits. Bee a drummer for over 20 years and have loads of live experience.

Ultimate goal is to get into a band as a bassist.

I am based in cork city but am willing travel a little.

Thanks for reading

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bass is amazing enjoy the journey, should be natural to you to lock-in with the bass drum which is the important bit :)

have you checked Scott’s bass lesson on YouTube?

im a terrible learner but a decent player and found lessons are waste of time unless you learn a scale exercise taking you up the neck But LOCK-IN WITH THE BASS DRUM and your better than most

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I play lots of stuff metal punk alternative and cover band stuff but take a look at some specific players

in my opinion the bass player in the smiths is a mine of learning, an incredibly solid player

cliff burton is insane

sting

credence Clearwater I find very tricky but he is an absolute master of the basics to the point it’s actually tricky

kim deal is a master of the important skill of restraint, she says herself better players struggle to play like coz they keep adding unnecessary notes , amazing player

under the bridge -flea more restraint , wonderful ghost notes , holds back but sounds like he’s doing more

Advertisement