Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA East Coast Holiday

• 31-10-2021 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Good Morning folks,

We’re planning on heading to the east coast of the States next September. I’ve been to New York 5/6 times before however I haven’t been to Boston/Washington. I’m wondering how many days I need to spend in both, the other half has never been to NYC so I’ll have to redo all the tourist bits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Washington has so much to do, you will need good walking shoes. It’s my favourite of the 3. Washington has so many museums of all types, monuments, government buildings etc, all very walkable but I think 3 days is sufficient and you’ll want a break after that.

if the other hasn’t been to NY before you should spend a little more time there than Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Washington is my favourite of those cities, then Boston and I was underwhelmed by New York.

I was visiting family in Boston and went to Washington on a very early morning flight, stayed one night and got a late flight back to Boston. We packed a lot in those two days but it was in the late 90's and when security wasn't like it is now so got to do the tour of the White House, the FBI tour, Arlington Cemetery and a couple more places. It would have been better if we had an extra day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Heading to Boston in early November for a week. Am clueless about safe/decent areas/places to stay? Airbnb coming in expensive all over the city, big cleaning charges and taxes!? Any recommendations hotel wise? Doesn’t have to be top end.

Thanks,

M

Advertisement