Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House 10 Wine Cellar

Options
  • 30-10-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello! I've been doing some research for a couple of months now on the infamous house 10 wine cellar. I have become obsessed with tracking down this history and I have been doing some exploring as a student here.

I was wondering if anyone here could provide me with some information regarding how to enter this area, specifically where to start! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Heh, heh, heh. I could tell you some stories 😜

Are you sure you mean No 10, though?

My recollections, which are quite old, are about No 8.

Trawl the College newspapers for Academic Year 1982/83. Especially First (Michaelmas?) term. Might find something useful there.

Sorry for the late reply. And the archaic reference but JP Donleavy has nothing on some of the things that really DID happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Definitely House 10 basement for the main stock of Common Room wines. There is a small cellar under the Common Room foyer for the day to day supplies needed for the 1592 and special dinners.

Advertisement